An uncertain future

Quick Question - does the upcoming Tesla API charges affect charge-control of Tesla cars, reading of power data from Tesla Powerwall batteries, or both?

I charge a non-Tesla car through a OCPP-controlled charger, with CHQ reading the power-flow from a Tesla PW2 for the solar/grid/home/battery sensors.

If Tesla are going to be charging a significant fee for access to the car-charging API, sounds like a surcharge for Tesla car accounts might be the most transparent cost-recovery option around. Tesla drivers $7/month, non-Tesla drivers $3/month. Sorted.

We don’t know yet. Pricing for solar charging via OCPP chargers is not expected to be lower than the existing $7/month though.

Ditto to that - I also use Tesla UMC with 32A tail and with ChargeHQ this setup works like a treat.

Hi Adam et al,
OVO has now informed me like many others (I am a bit behind in my emails having been away) that my EV Plan has changed, everything gone up except the FIT that has gone down from 8c/kWh to 3c/kWh. The exception being that if I join EV Control they will leave me on the 8c tariff!!
This amounts to quite a $ amt per month to do this of course.

I know I maybe asking the wrong people here, but I have been with Charge HQ for a while, now paying the Solar Plan, but will OVO’s EV Control give me the same benefits as Charge HQ?
It appears, if I swap over to EV Control and change to the Charge HQ free plan, I earn the extra FIT $'s and save paying for the Solar Plan?

Even though I cannot see a reason to run both, are there any issues with running both? If I switch off Charge HQ, would that solve any issues, or just as importantly, if I turn off EV Control after I join will OVO know anyway?
Are there any other complications?

My apologies for such a convoluted email. Just trying to see a way forward in all of this

You either let your electricity retailer to control your charging, or you control it yourself according to your excess solar / scheduling.
They way OVO controls the charging will be purely based on the wholesale pricing they are being charged at the time, with the priority set to your time of departure.
It is a different way to charge your car. I suggest jumping online and looking at some reviews of electricity retailers that are currently offering the same thing with EV control, and then decide for yourself which approach is more suitable for you.
For me, I want the control, and my solar system is not massive. It makes more sense for me to stick with the OVO EV plan and use Charge HQ to control all my charging.