How to set up non tesla on tesla wallbox

Hi,
I’m new to the forum but am a ChargeHQ early adopter. I’m not a subsciber yet but will be if i can understand how to set up a non tesla on my Tesla wallbox charger. I have a fully compatible system for Charge HQ - in that I use Wattwatcher to monitor my exports. I’m ready to upgrade but need some help in understanding if CHQ can control my charging of my Teslas and MBenz.

The Tesla Wall Connector (I am assuming that’s what you mean) is not OCPP compliant just yet. You will need to wait for the firmware release for OCPP 2.0 to directly control the EVSE instead of controlling the charge amp directly from the Tesla EV via the Tesla Fleet API.

1 Like

Excellent news, thankyou. Yes, I did mean Wall Charger.
Is there any view or ‘more educated guess than mine’ on when this might be expected?

2 weeks ? LOL
I have no idea, sorry.

The Tesla wall connector does not currently support control by a third party such as Charge HQ. There are signs that it can (or will) support OCPP but there is nothing official about if or when this will become generally available.

On the contrary, Charge HQ controls the Tesla wall charger beautifully - just not my non Tesla plugged into my Tesla wall charger. In this thread I’m told that it may be possible to do this in the future. But it means waiting for Tesla and that is not my pastime.

To clarify: the Tesla wall connector does not support control of the wall connector by a third party. Charge HQ can work with a Tesla wall connector if the vehicle being charged is a Tesla, and Charge HQ is connected to the Tesla vehicle. Charge HQ does not support charging a non-Tesla vehicle with the Tesla wall connector.