Solar Tracking Is On But Charging Is Stuck At 11Amps

I’ve been using solar tracking for about two months and it’s worked perfectly until a couple days ago. I haven’t changed any settings and everything seems set up correctly…but it’s not working as it should. The car is now always charging at 11amps. The app itself is recognizing that the solar system is outputting more or less than 11amps at various times during the day, but still only charges at 11 amps. I try to “Charge Now”, which should charge at 40amps, but it stays stuck at 11 amps. My car (Tesla Model Y) will let me adjust charging to less than 11 amps but won’t permit me to go above 11 amps.

I’ve tried toggling settings, rebooting my EV charger…nothing works. Help! I have a SolarEdge inverter and Pulsar Wallbox connected to ChargeHQ.

We’re seeing a number of Wallbox chargers misbehaving and ignore our requests to adjust the charge rate, particularly those on new firmware. Rebooting the charger often resolves it. It could be worth powering off the charger for a full 5 minutes to see if it helps.

Also check that Eco-mode is not enabled on the charger.

Thanks for the prompt response! I tried a few different things and ultimately what worked was disconnecting the Wallbox from OCPP, manually charging at full power, restart, then reconnecting to OCPP and ChargeHQ.

It’s the second time that after an update of the car chargeHQ can’t control the charging rate. It seems to come from the car that ignore the request of chargeHQ. To get the normal behavior back I had to reset the car both time and now it comply again with the requested settings.

Hello,

Today, after an update from Tesla, Charge HQ seems to have lost control of the charging rate using also grid’s power when “Solar Only” is in place. I’ve stopped and started a couple of times but no luck. Any ideas please?
@xialutron what do you mean by " reset the car both time"?

Thks all

Hi, what I meant is : get in the car, keep pressing the two scroll wheels and the break pedal until you see the Tesla logo (takes about 1 min for the logo to show). After that the car will restart and following this reset chargeHQ was working perfectly again.
Hope it helps! :grin:

@xialutron Thks for the explanation and the tip. It worked! :slight_smile:

the issue for me reappeared and this time just doing the reset didn’t work. I had to use what was said on TMC.
Remove the schedule program (why I don’t know) then reset the car 3 times and it fixed it for me eventually!
Version 2024.26.8
Just a head up if you are facing the same issue

The symptoms for me were : unable to adjust the charge rate on the Tesla app nor vent the windows or change the charging schedule. It has nothing to do with chargeHQ but it will affect it as the rate won’t be dynamically adjusted as expected.

For the chargeHQ admin the app doesn’t return any error, could the app warn you that the charge rate doesn’t follow what chargeHQ is asking?