Support EV battery SoC for non-Tesla cars

Currently, CHQ only supports retrieving the EV battery SOC level for Tesla cars, which opens up many smart forms of automation and optimisation that non-Tesla cars aren’t able to use. This SOC doesn’t come from the charger, it is read from Tesla’s cloud platform.
Many other manufacturers, including my BMW, have cloud-based platforms and APIs that CHQ could use to retrieve the SoC, total capacity, current charge level and kilometres-range-remaining for non-Tesla cars. Many of these APIs already have working examples in home automation platforms like Home Assistant, so adapting them into CHQ shouldn’t (famous last words) be difficult.
In this age of diversity and inclusion, please consider expanding the battery charge percentage support to BMWs and other non-Tesla cars.

I second this. As an (older 2017) BMW i3 owner wanting to balance Solar output to power EV charging with hot water and other uses of the energy, it would be very helpful to know what the SoC was so that charging to full was not the only option. On a cloudy or patchy day it may be a half charged EV with a half full hot water boiler is better than a full EV and cold (or high priced mains powered hot) water on the other (We have a small solar array (planning on using an Eddi to divert the solar to the hot water) so sharing the love is important for optimised cost).

This could be done now on a Tesla but not on any other car as far as I am aware, providing a real $ saving value-add for ChargeHQ in the non-Tesla / small solar panel community (no idea how big that is!?).